NEMS Training Terms and Conditions
These NEMS Training terms and conditions relate to any Opelwood Ltd t/a North East Medical Services (NEMS) training and events taking place on or after 1 January 2018.
This document (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you (“you” means the party contracting with NEMS for Courses) the terms and conditions on which we (“we”, “us” or “NEMS” means the North East Medical Services) supply training courses and events (“Courses”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before booking any Courses on our Website. You should understand that by booking any Courses, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. Booking Courses or events
Bookings for Courses can be made via our “Website” (means www.ne-medical.co.uk) at the following link: https://ne-medical.co.uk/training_calendar/ or by contacting our Training & Events Team on +44 (0) 1482 242300 or at email@example.com. For online bookings, please select the Course that you require and click on the “Register” button, following the instructions step by step.
2. Description and pricing of Courses
Although we make every effort to ensure the prices listed are correct, mistakes may sometimes be made. If a mistake is discovered in the price of the Course that you have booked prior to confirmation of your booking, we will tell you and give you the option of either reconfirming your booking at the correct price or cancelling your booking. In this instance, if we are unable to contact you or we receive no reply from you, your booking will be cancelled. NEMS reserves the right to change prices listed without notice. NEMS also reserves the right to refuse to supply to any individual or company.
3. Provisional bookingsWhen booking a Course online, acknowledgement of the booking request is emailed within 1 working day of
the request being received by NEMS. Where a booking made online, by email or over the telephone is not
accompanied by full payment or a formal purchase order (sent either by post or by email), the booking will be
deemed to be provisional (“Provisional Booking”). Provisional Bookings will only be held until 2 (two) weeks
prior to commencement of the Course, after this any Provisional Bookings will be cancelled. When payment has been received in full, or a formal purchase order has been provided (either by email or by
post), the individuals’ place on the Course will then be confirmed and a binding contract will have been
entered into between NEMS and the booking party. Please refer further to the “How to pay” section below.
4. Third party bookingsWe accept bookings from third party companies acting on a delegate’s or organisation’s behalf, however the
booking information supplied must relate directly to the delegate(s) in question and include the following:
- Delegate name
- Company name and address (site address)
- Direct phone number
- Direct email address – this can be a work or personal email address
the delegate(s) directly when necessary (such as to provide joining instructions or attendance certificates) and
also to provide appropriate health & safety and security measures at course venues.
5. Cancellation of CoursesNEMS reserves the right to amend or cancel any Course, Course times, dates or published prices. Changes to
Course prices, times and dates will be advised before the Course start date and any Course already paid in full
will not be subject to the increased price. As a Course may be cancelled at any time up to four weeks prior to
its start, we recommend that delegates do not make travel or accommodation arrangements before this time.
Any travel, accommodation or subsistence costs incurred (including incidental costs such as car parking) are
entirely the responsibility of the delegate or the delegate’s organisation. NEMS does not accept any liability for reimbursement of any costs incurred whatsoever in relation to its
training Courses or events. Where a Course has been cancelled, delegates will be offered an alternative date
for the same Course or a refund.
6. How to PayIf paying by purchase order, the invoice will need to be addressed to the booker or delegate’s employer.
Payment must be made within 30 days from the date of the invoice or if the booking is made less than 14 days
before the Course date, payment is required before the Course start. Direct bank transfer to the CIPS bank account, details of which can be found at the bottom of the invoice;
Please note that we do accept payment by cash or cheque. We also do not accept payments in any currency other
than UK pounds sterling. You are advised to notify the Training & Events Team in advance if you wish to pay by direct bank transfer to
ensure the swift confirmation of your booking. You will not be eligible to attend the Course until full payment
is received. In the case of late bookings payment must be made prior to attendance of the Course. If payment is not made
prior to the delegate attending the Course, NEMS reserves the right to refuse admission until payment has been
made in full.
7. VAT & Card ChargesFees quoted are exclusive of VAT, which will be shown separately on the invoice. A VAT invoice will be sent to
cover your payment. Fees will not be charged for payment via debit cards or direct bank transfer – credit card
payments will also not be charged a fee from 13 January 2018.
8. Joining instructionsJoining instructions including venue details and start times are sent out by email directly to confirmed
delegates at least 10 (ten) days before the event. Once this has been done the services is deemed to have
started under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
9. Intellectual property rights (including copyright)All materials (“NEMS Materials”) provided for NEMS Courses including graphics, code, text products, software,
audio, music and design are owned by NEMS or NEMS’ third party Course providers. No content in whole or in
part of the NEMS Materials may be copied, reproduced, uploaded, posted, displayed, linked to or used in any
way without the prior written permission of NEMS. Any such use is strictly prohibited and will constitute an
infringement of the copyright and other intellectual property rights of NEMS, or in the case of material licensed
to NEMS, the owner of such materials.
10. CancellationsWhere a firm booking has been accepted by NEMS and is subsequently cancelled, the customer will be liable for
the following charges. All cancellations must be received in writing. Time period before Course date that the
cancellation is made
More than 31 working days
21-30 working days
20 working days or less
Charge to customer
Full ChargeUnder the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 you have
a cancellation cooling off period where you can cancel your Course within a period of 14 days beginning on
the day after the day on which the contract is concluded with you as notified by email or postal confirmation
from NEMS in accordance with these Terms. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the
Courses in accordance with our refunds policy (clause 13 below). After this initial cooling off period the above
charges apply. Upon receiving the joining instructions or when booking 15 working days or less prior to Course start date,
you agree that the service provided by NEMS is deemed to have commenced and you agree to waive your right
to cancel your booking and receive a full refund within 14 days under the Consumer Contracts (Information,
Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. In such instances, the cancellation policy in the above
table will apply.
11. TransfersIn the event that a delegate wishes to transfer his booking to another Course, a 10% administration fee will be
charged if the transfer is requested between 21 and 30 working days of the original Course start date. For
transfer requests made 20 working days or less prior to the Course date, no refund can be made. Transfers
can be made to any event within a 6 month period.
12. SubstitutionDelegate substitution may be made at any time. If the membership status of the delegate changes, the fee
payable will be amended accordingly.
13. RefundsIf you wish to exercise your right to cancel your booking, NEMS will refund the fees paid according to the above
cancellation policy. If payment for the order was originally made by credit or debit card, any refund will be
made back to the same card. If payment for the order was made by direct bank transfer, a refund will be
made by direct bank transfer to a bank account that you elect.
14. Written communicationsApplicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing.
When using the Website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact
you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes,
you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices,
information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal
requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
15. NoticesAll notices given by you to us must be given to the address detailed in clause 23. We may give notice to you at
either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received
and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days
after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the
case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an
e-mail, when such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
16. Non-EU DelegatesNEMS welcomes delegates from overseas but if you are resident outside the European Union (EU) you should
ensure that you have a valid visa and can comply with all immigration requirements before booking a NEMS
Course. Please note that NEMS training and events do not qualify you for a student visa or for entry to the UK
or other EU countries. Visa information is can be found here. If you wish to apply for entry to the
UK you should contact your nearest British Mission that offers a visa service. A full list of UK Overseas
Missions is given on www.fco.gov.uk. NEMS cannot process bookings from outside the EU without full payment in advance. Once payment has been
made, cancellation fees are payable in accordance with our terms and conditions. If you do not have a visa
before applying and you are unable to obtain one, cancellation fees will be levied.
Any travel costs or any other expenses whatsoever incurred are entirely the delegate’s responsibility.
17. Specific needsNEMS aims to ensure that its events are accessible to all. If you have any specific needs, such as dietary or
access requirements, please advise us at the earliest possible time and we will contact you to discuss your
requirements. It is the responsibility of delegates to inform NEMS about any specific needs or requirements
they may have.
18. Data Protection StatementNEMS is registered under the provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018, will be
subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). NEMS keeps any personal data concerning you in
19. Contact details for the Training TeamTelephone: +44 (0) 1482 242300
Email enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: North East Medical Services, Louis Pearlman Centre, 94 Goulton Street, Hull, HU3 4DL
VAT number: 268-2860-70
20. Complaints ProcedureAt NEMS we are committed to providing a high standard of customer care. If you are not happy with any
element of the service that you have received from the Training Team, please contact us on 01482 242300 or email email@example.com
21. Governing lawThese terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and
you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England